I was on a website that I use at least once a year, and through a series of steps that I am unable to repeat I got the following message to appear.


I have talked about this before we all need to be as defensive as possible when it comes to errors messages. In this case I am not sure I could use this information to do harm (that is not my motive anyway) but it strikes me as odd that the developers in this case decided to let this kind of error bubble to the top. I now know the server name, database name, table name…

I did not include the name of this site to protect the innocent, they have also made it incredibly difficult to contact them and tell them about the problem. Either way I removed enough information from the above message so that no one else can track down the site or the error.

Comment Section

Comments are closed.