I was looking into the Live SDK for possible integrations points for both Windows Phone and Windows Store apps and after just a couple of minutes I realized that this is the best documented public facing API I have ever had the good fortune to use. The tool allows you to try out the APIs without having registered a Live application and provides test scenarios for anyone with a
Live Microsoft account.
There API breaks down into several convenient categories:
- Core concepts – Signing in, getting data
- Sky Drive – Folder properties, Storage, Albums, Photos
- Identity – Account registration, contacting users
- Hotmail – Creating contacts, reading contacts, reading and setting calendars
- Messenger – Sharing a users status
The sample code is impeccable and easy to incorporate. Well done sir…well done.