A lot of folks I am connected to have wanted more information to help navigate this moment, I would encourage you to head over to this Anti-racism resource and start in the Articles to read section. There are also books, videos, and podcasts to follow that I have personally found invaluable over the years.
These are some of the books I have personally found helpful:
- The Origin of Others – Toni Morrison
- Between the world and me - Ta-nehisi Coates
- The Fire Next Time – James Baldwin
- Race Matters – Cornel West
- Nobody – Mark Lamont Hill
- The New Jim Crow – Michelle Alexander
One of the most helpful actions might be to support organizations that fight racism, support voting rights, or support criminal justice reform. The Equal Justice Initiative and Fair Fight are two organizations that are doing this work, but obviously there are plenty of others.
Comments are closed.