I have basically completed my first app for Windows Phone 7, I am poised to register it on the Marketplace. I am still gathering information about Windows Phone 7 as this is a new platform so there are still bits of critical information that are making its way into the developer community. I thought I would dedicate this post to the stream of information I have found over the last few weeks.
- Creating High Performance Silverlight Applications for Windows Phone – A great white paper with excellent samples and performance tips.
- Windows Phone Boot camp – Registration for classes across the US is on a first come first serve basis, I will definitely be going to my local event!
- Windows Phone 7 Jump Start video training (Twelve 50 minute videos)
- Windows Phone 7 in 7 minutes – 7 minute videos designed to quickly hit the main points of design, workflow, and security.
- iPhone to Windows Phone 7 tutorials – Aimed at the 3 iPhone developers who will be targeting WP7 when it is release :)
I also caught this video on Channel 9, and I started to feel a little guilty that I have never paid much attention to UI design or even UX over my career (I have left behind some cringe worth apps). I am really trying to assimilate the whole Metro theme (replicated in Xbox, Media Center, Zune and Media Room) and ensure my apps are balanced with the overall design concept. Happy design and coding!