If you want up to date TV then Hulu is a really good option, it gives you access to popular, quality programming generally within 24 hours of the original airing. Like many of the apps on Xbox One, however, I have found that it can occasionally suffer from buffering that appears unrelated to your bandwidth.
Just to be sure its not your bandwidth the Xbox One has a inbuilt speed test that I would try running first. Go to the Xbox One home screen and selecting Settings > Network > and Detailed Network Statistics. As of the date of this writing you need at least 1.5Mbps.
If you have concluded that your bandwidth is not the issue you should try the following:
- Open the Hulu App
- Unlink your account by scrolling to the right and selecting Account (at the bottom this is labeled Settings).
- Select Log Out from Hulu [Xbox-Id linked to your@emailcom].
- You will be prompted to Unlink and log out.
Usually this is good enough, you can log back into your Hulu account and be done.
Occasionally uninstalling the entire app is more direct and frankly necessary, if you are still having problems try the following:
- Click the home button on your Controller Once you are out of the app, open the app back up and log in.
- Start from Home (press the Xbox button on your controller to go Home)
- Go to My games and apps, highlight the content that you want to uninstall.
- Press the Menu button on your controller.
- Select Manage App and scroll to the Hulu app
- Press the Menu button on your controller again.
- Select Uninstall.
Perform a reboot just to ensure you have cleared the cache and reinstall the app. Hopefully you have better success in this era of streaming!