I often struggle with finding just the right words during yearly performance reviews, and so a old manager of mine supplied me with a cheat sheet of performance appraisal, simple one liners, that would help me quickly complete an upcoming review for myself and my peers. Well I have lost that particular list and I have assembled something very similar for my own sanity.
I have always considered it a little egocentric to sit down and really think hard about how I can pat myself on the back annually, so I hope this helps make the experience a little more comfortable for everyone. The comments have been grouped, but many would serve just as well in other sections.
- Exhibits superior Knowledge of job content and requirements.
- Proposes recommendations that show breadth and depth of knowledge.
- Exhibits outstanding skills even in the most difficult job situations.
- Knowledge and expertise is relied on by others.
Professional/Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Knows and applies principles, techniques, technology and practices that demonstrate competency in the particular job function.
- Achieves, maintains and demonstrates necessary knowledge and skill level to perform currently assigned work responsibilities.
- Keeps informed of current developments.
- Understands work procedures.
- Collaborates with others to identify strategies for resolution of customer issues.
- Demonstrates professional, high-service attitude.
- Monitors customers’ feedback and acts proactively.
- Communicates to customers and effectively implements resolution strategies.
- Always willing to go beyond what may be expected to meet the needs of customers.
- Anticipates future customers’ needs and creates plans to enhance service.
- Consistently follows up with customers and others to ensure customer satisfaction and proper resolution .
- Attempts to use logical reasoning in making decisions and solving problems.
- Judgment is generally sound and reasonable.
- Decisions are well thought out.
- Effectively analyzes problems and formulates practical solutions.
- Exhibits a high degree of decision Making ability.
- Takes responsibility for consequences and decisions.
- Finds unique ways to effectively resolve problems.
- Promotes an atmosphere of mutual respect and cooperation.
- Encourages and supports others.
- Provides information, assistance and guidance to others to help them perform their responsibilities.
- Volunteers and offers suggestions. Shows courtesy and respect.
- Creates a climate for comfortable expression of ideas.
- Develops and maintains smooth and effective working relationships with [co-workers], [supervisors], [subordinates] etc.
- Uses positive methods of interactions with others.
- Discusses and explains information with others effectively.
- Produces accurate, well-presented and thorough written documents, records and reports.
- Accepts change.
- Understand the unit’s mission/vision.
- Develops very good working relationships.
- Always displays a cooperative attitude and shares knowledge.
- Effectively adapts to change.
- Displays a positive attitude towards the mission/vision.
- Expresses the value of working as a team.
- Seeks ways to share knowledge or mentor co-workers.
- Embraces change and helps others to adapt.
- Demonstrates a total commitment to the mission/vision.
- Volunteers for special assignments.
- Willingly helps and assists others.
- Anticipates needs and takes appropriate steps to meet those needs.
- Accepts responsibility and performs responsibilities with limited supervision.
- Willingly accepts direction and is open to new ideas.
- Demonstrates willingness to learn and grow professionally.
- Demonstrates independent thinking and a desire to seek additional challenges.
- Can be counted upon to complete duties and responsibilities accurately and on-time.
- Utilizes time well and sets appropriate priorities.
- Follows through with plans.
- Knows when to ask for help when work loads or critical work assignments demand it.
- Accepts responsibility and new job assignments.
- Exhibits an interest and attempts to improve performance.
- Duties and responsibilities are regularly met and often exceeded.
- Projects completed have made measurable improvements to the position and department.
- Always strives for a high level of performance.
- Duties and responsibilities are always met and exceeded.
- Projects completed have provided a significant…
- High level of performance achieved by few.